Stanford Health Care
Stanford Health Care is an academic health system and part of Stanford Medicine, which includes the Stanford University School of Medicine and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Stanford Medicine is renowned for breakthroughs in treating cancer, heart disease, brain disorders and surgical and medical conditions. Stanford Health Care acquired ValleyCare in 2015.
Exante360 has performed dozens of projects for Stanford Health Care. Over the years, Exante360 has provided design and consulting services that cover the spectrum of our offerings. Project highlights include:
Exante360 provided the Medical Communication Systems design and consulting services for the building. These systems consisted of structured cabling, outside plant, security systems (access control, CCTV, infant protection, intrusion detection, duress alarms), nurse call, CATV, overhead paging, audio visual systems (programming only), as well as add alternates for fire/life safety radio coverage design.
ValleyCare EPIC Readiness
After Stanford’s acquisition of ValleyCare, Exante360 was commissioned to perform an in-depth assessment of existing conditions with an eye on rolling out EPIC EHR. We formulated a findings and recommendations report that included code items, SHC standards items, as well as spatial requirements for the new equipment. Exante360 multi-disciplinary team established short term remediation designs to correct immediate, non-OSHPD issues at ValleyCare.
Stanford Health Care (SHC) has hired Exante360 as their “Architect of Record” (AOR) for their launching of a new “Move/Add/Change” (MAC) program to facilitate requests for various telecommunications construction and service activities throughout all of their facilities. The work required to satisfy the requests are under the California OSHPD approval process. The OSHPD approval process requires that certain tasks are accomplished. They include the following:
- Site visit and code analysis of the existing building conditions, preparation of information and data gathering for basis of design.
- Research and review of the existing as-built drawings.
- Meetings with Project Manager and Users as needed.
- Preparation of working drawings and specifications to establish requirements for project construction and obtaining permit.
- OSHPD permit submittal and back checks.
- Construction Administration, review Shop drawings, product data, responds to RFI’s, punch list, verified reports and project closeout.
- Creation of drawings reflecting outlet locations, backbone cabling, technology distribution room plans, rack elevations, details, and pathway requirements.
- Develop scaled drawings (using architectural backgrounds provided by the Architect or SHC) to indicate system requirements.
- Drawings include plans and layouts of critical rooms, including technology rooms and show system device locations, conduits, cable trays, and equipment on the plans that are pertinent to the systems being installed.
- Coordinate with the project team regarding device and equipment locations.
- Incorporation of agreed upon revisions and comments into documents.
- Coordinate and administer documentation through the local OSHPD office for review and comments.