Stanford Health Care – MAC
Information and Communication Technology Design and Consulting services from initial Planning to Construction Administration and Close-Out. This project included submittals to OSHPD.
Stanford Health Care is an academic health system and part of Stanford Medicine, which includes the Stanford University School of Medicine and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Stanford Medicine is renowned for breakthroughs in treating cancer, heart disease, brain disorders and surgical and medical conditions.
Stanford Health Care (SHC) has hired Exante360 as their “Architect of Record” (AOR) for their launching of a new “MOVE/ADD/CHANGE” (MAC) program to facilitate requests for various telecommunications construction and service activities throughout all of their facilities. The work required to satisfy the requests are under the California OSHPD approval process. The OSHPD approval process requires that certain tasks are accomplished. They include the following:
- Site visit and code analysis of the existing building conditions, preparation of information and data gathering for basis of design.
- Research and review of the existing as-built drawings.
- Meetings with Project Manager and Users as needed.
- Preparation of working drawings and specifications to establish requirements for project construction and obtaining permit.
- OSHPD permit submittal and back checks.
- Construction Administration, review Shop drawings, product data, responds to RFI’s, punch list, verified reports and project closeout.
- Creation of drawings reflecting outlet locations, backbone cabling, technology distribution room plans, rack elevations, details, and pathway requirements.
- Develop scaled drawings (using architectural backgrounds provided by the Architect or SHC) to indicate system requirements. Drawings include plans and layouts of critical rooms, including technology rooms and show system device locations, conduits, cable trays, and equipment on the plans that are pertinent to the systems being installed.
- Coordinate with the project team regarding device and equipment locations. Incorporation of agreed upon revisions and comments into documents.
- Coordinate and administer documentation through the local OSHPD office for review and comments.
Exante360’s extensive experience with designing ICT technology systems for California healthcare clients as the OSHPD Architect of Record (AOR) is truly significant and unique in our marketspace. An increasing number of Owners contract with us directly as the Primary on technology design and implementation projects.